What Are The Deeper Questions?
- What am I trying to express?
- Do I have anything to say?
- Am I any good?
- What am I doing?
- Do I have a voice? Does my voice matter?
- Why would anyone value what I create?
- Do I value myself? Do I matter?
- Is it too late?
- Do I have enough talent?
- Am I a real artist?
- Does anyone care?
We’re talking about the inner landscape
- Trust that you already have your own unique signature (marks, movements, gestures, energy, internal states, preferences, psychology).
- There’s no final endpoint. Your style is continually evolving.
- I would say don’t try so hard to find it.
- Let go.
- Your style will find you.
- Style comes through many iterations of searching and finding your way as you paint.
- It comes from trusting yourself.
- It comes from exploration and experimentation.
- It comes from painting what you love.
- Finally, it comes from showing us YOU.
Also published on Medium.